My name is Terry Naughton and my initial core training, over a four year period, culminated in a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Further training includes a Master of Arts in Pluralistic Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am a fully accredited member of the IACP (Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
What is in the past will always be there - we can't forget that. We can however change the way in which our past experiences impact on our everyday life and living.
I believe that we all have the capacity for healing and my focus is to facilitate you to meet the best of you. This can be done through encouraging you to access a healthy self-awareness and promoting a more fulfilling way of living. I'd like to invite you back into the driving seat - the driving seat of your own life.
I am continually increasing my knowledge and expanding my awareness by attending courses and workshops which enhances my learning and improves my practice.
A great emphasis for me in therapy is my relationship with you (the client). That relationship is crucial and can hugely assist you to explore your difficulties and find ways to manage them. I wish to create an atmosphere where:
- You feel safe to explore your concerns
- The space is free from judgement
- There is an atmosphere of compassion, understanding and trust
I help clients are experiencing difficulties with:
- Attachment difficulties
- Confidence challenges
- Caring for others
- Family issues
- Illness, Death, Bereavement and loss
- Loneliness/Sense of isolation
- Life crisis, transition and change
- Negative and other destructive thought patterns
- Self esteem and self confidence
- Searching for purpose and meaning in life
- Separation challenges
- Sex, sexuality and gender related issues
- Trauma - childhood, relationship, sexual abuse, work